My short link to my query just goes to the default page instead of my query. How do I fix this?

SOLVED
Enthusiast

My short link to my query just goes to the default page instead of my query. How do I fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Inquirer

Re: My short link to my query just goes to the default page instead of my query. How do I fix this?

Hi Kayden, 

This probably means that your query inputs could not be encoded in the URL, which in turn means that the short link is not able to resolve to a working URL. 

The most likely culprit is newlines (aka line breaks) in the text of an advanced filter. Advanced filters can accept characters (like newlines) that cannot be URL-encoded, since sometimes you need to use these characters in your filter. However, if you do use a non-encodable character in the filter text, you cannot use the URL or short link to the query. 

If you remove the newlines from your advanced filter, you should be able to share the query via URL or via short link. 

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Inquirer

Re: My short link to my query just goes to the default page instead of my query. How do I fix this?

Hi Kayden, 

This probably means that your query inputs could not be encoded in the URL, which in turn means that the short link is not able to resolve to a working URL. 

The most likely culprit is newlines (aka line breaks) in the text of an advanced filter. Advanced filters can accept characters (like newlines) that cannot be URL-encoded, since sometimes you need to use these characters in your filter. However, if you do use a non-encodable character in the filter text, you cannot use the URL or short link to the query. 

If you remove the newlines from your advanced filter, you should be able to share the query via URL or via short link.