bulk upload to cohort

SOLVED
Enthusiast

bulk upload to cohort

I would like to upload almost 100 user_IDs to a cohort. How do I achieve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Seeker

Re: bulk upload to cohort

Hi Kaushal!

There are two solutions I would recommend, depending on the number of user_ids.

For 100 or so users, I would accomplish this by using the advanced filter parameters within the cohort definition. The advanced filter syntax should look something like this: 

`user_id` in ("123", "456")

If there were tens of thousands or more user_ids , the best way to do that would be to create a lookup table using the user_id's with the cohort name as a property of the lookup table. For example, if I wanted to add user_id's 123 and 456 to the cohort power_users, my lines of JSON for the lookup table would look like:

{"user_id": 123, "power_user": "True"}
{"user_id": 456, "power_user": "True"}

I would then be able to create a cohort of users where user_id.power_user == True, or simply use user_id.power_user = True as a filter in the Explorer. 

If you need a lookup table created, contact your Customer Success Manager and they will be able to help, though in a future release you will be able to create lookup tables on your own.

Hope that helps!

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Seeker

Re: bulk upload to cohort

Hi Kaushal!

There are two solutions I would recommend, depending on the number of user_ids.

For 100 or so users, I would accomplish this by using the advanced filter parameters within the cohort definition. The advanced filter syntax should look something like this: 

`user_id` in ("123", "456")

If there were tens of thousands or more user_ids , the best way to do that would be to create a lookup table using the user_id's with the cohort name as a property of the lookup table. For example, if I wanted to add user_id's 123 and 456 to the cohort power_users, my lines of JSON for the lookup table would look like:

{"user_id": 123, "power_user": "True"}
{"user_id": 456, "power_user": "True"}

I would then be able to create a cohort of users where user_id.power_user == True, or simply use user_id.power_user = True as a filter in the Explorer. 

If you need a lookup table created, contact your Customer Success Manager and they will be able to help, though in a future release you will be able to create lookup tables on your own.

Hope that helps!